We design signature custom cakes, baked from scratch, to celebrate your weddings, birthdays, special events and occasions. Located in Stuart, Florida, we serve the Treasure Coast area, from Vero Beach to Palm Beach. Our cakes taste just like southern cakes should; moist, full of flavor and texture, with so many options to select from, the only problem you will have is choosing just one flavor! Everything is baked in our kitchen with fresh ingredients including whole eggs, real butter and pure extract! We strive to make every cake the best tasting and most breathtakingly beautiful, delicious centerpiece you have ever seen or tasted. Contact us to get the cake you have always dreamed of!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Slice



I started this foray searching for a new focus and direction in my life after a marriage of almost 30 years. The adventure began on Sunday, June 26th, attending the ICES Day of Sharing, after meeting with two lovely ladies, Jan Bruner and Anna Marie Wintercorn, who helped me find some direction. A month later, I'm knee deep in setting up and beginning a new chapter and combining two passions...cooking and art. Everything seems to be happening on it's own almost like a wave cresting and bringing me along in it's wake. Mick McCay, of Mick McCay Design, has been instrumental in getting my business cards, website and even a business plan started. My dear friend, Tammy Lee Bradley, of Cabinet Cottage, Bliss & Folly and a newest contributor at Shutter Sisters, has generously shared her photographic skills in taking some of the most beautiful photos of my wedding cake, which will be posted here. I'm not open yet, but I've been trying recipes and taking classes and acquiring new skills...challenging and fun!!! Once again, all my friends have been nothing but supportive...THANK YOU!!!

3 comments:

  1. Charlotte I love your blog and photos...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is stunning. I read about you on Dovecote Decor and I wish you good luck in you new adventure.
    Best...Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read about you on Dovecote Decor. Your cakes are gorgeous. Good luck and much success on your new venture.

    ReplyDelete