We design signature custom cakes, baked from scratch, to celebrate your weddings, birthdays, special events and occasions. Located in Stuart, Florida, we serve the Treasure Coast area, from Vero Beach to Palm Beach. Our cakes taste just like southern cakes should; moist, full of flavor and texture, with so many options to select from, the only problem you will have is choosing just one flavor! Everything is baked in our kitchen with fresh ingredients including whole eggs, real butter and pure extract! We strive to make every cake the best tasting and most breathtakingly beautiful, delicious centerpiece you have ever seen or tasted. Contact us to get the cake you have always dreamed of!

Friday, March 30, 2012

SWEET SPOT, THE THIRD TRIMESTER

This baby has had nine months to grow and develop….

I’m talking about Magnolia Cakes & Confections, LLC.  It was a mere nine months ago when I discovered a world I had no clue existed…the Cake World, a world centered around creativity, celebrations and joyous occasions!  Lucky me, I’ve been able to combine my love of good food and art!!!  I’ve made many new friends and my knowledge and skills about cake have grown as I’ve been challenged and stretched and transformed into, dare I say it, a Sugar Artist.

I’ve been fortunate to have studied with a retinue of the best cake artists in the world:  Minette Rushing of Custom Cakes and Sugar Seminars in Savannah, Georgia, Mercedes Strachwsky of Bake Me a Cake in Altamonte Springs, Florida, Ashlee Perkins of Tier Luxury Cakes in Savannah, Georgia, Tami Utley of  Sugar Art by Tami in San Diego, California, Susan Carberry of The Cake Cottage in Murrieta, California, Nicholas Lodge of The International Sugar Art Collection in Norcross, Georgia,, Norm Davis and Zane Beg of The Sweet Life in the Washington, DC Metro Area, Ruth Rickey, the former owner of Ruth’s Sweet Justice Bakery in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Mary Jo Dowling, of Elegant Edibles in the Metro West Boston area and the current President of ICES, The International Cake Exploration Societe, and Jayne Cunningham, of Wylie, Texas, and Dawn Coffin-Parrott, of Houston, Texas, and QJ’s Cake Adventures.  As recently as March, I was also able to study with Ron Ben Israel of Ron Ben Israel Cakes in NYC and Sweet Genius on The Food Network, and Jenny Amaya from Peru.  My next scheduled classes are with Robert Haynes  from England and Wayne Steinkopf of Swank Cake Design in Cary, North Carolina.

In closing, I told a friend not too long ago, I would like my cakes to be so beautiful that no one would want to cut them and so delicious that when they did, they would want to have more.  He assured me that I had achieved that goal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment